Thursday, July 24, 2008

Week of July 20, 2008

This is my first attempt at blogging, so don't know how it will work.


Last Thursday Colleen and Tim Ranta, Phil, Mike and I went to On The Border grand opening. It is in the coex mall where we live, so may be bad for my diet since it is so close.

Saturday we went to Dongdaemun market. Had breakfast first at Butterfinger Pancake. An American type restaurant. Has good pancakes and waffles. Ate too much. As you can see a lot of our entertainment is eating, which could be why I am gaining weight. It started raining so we came home after getting wet.

Monday was grocery shopping. Tuesday Colleen and I went back to On The Border for lunch and shopping. I am not Korean size so can't buy clothes here and my feet are too big so no shoes either. Guess I will have to stick to jewelry and purses. Wednesday was flower arranging class and then lunch. We only transplanted plants. We planted a palm tree in a glass jar with blue water balls and wrapped another plant with moss to set on plate. It is like the Chinese do in their gardens we were told. So I have a few more decorations for our apartment.

Last night we watched Sweeney Todd dvd. Definitely not something I will watch again. In fact I think I looked away and missed about 1/2 of the movie. Pretty gory. tonight we watched The Kingdom. Not something you really should watch before you go to the middle east. Colleen and Tim lent us those dvd's and also The Legend. So have one more to watch. Hopefully The Legend isn't so gory.

Tomorrow is ladies coffee at the hotel. Saturday we are going to see The Ballerina Who Loves a B-Boy. Not exactly sure what it is but will let you know after we see it. Before the show we are eating at Il Mare. A seafood restaurant in Korea. Let you know how it is.

No comments: