Monday, July 28, 2008

Chongdong Theater






We had fun at Chongdong Theater. We got there a little early, no traffic which is unusual for Korea. So we walked around the neighborhood for about 30 minutes. Then it was dress in traditional Korean outfits. Mike dressed as emperor, I was in wedding costume. Will try attaching photos. Then we learned how to play the Jang go (korean drum). That was fun, but it isn't easy. We played it slowly, I don't know how they play it so fast. We had seen most of the performances before, but it was really interesting seeing them play something we learned the basics of playing. It is the first time we have been on a hotel tour that they didn't feed us. We came home and went to McDonalds for dinner. It was about the only place opened.
















Monday I did my swim for 1 hr and about 15 minutes water aerobics. It is the first time I had seen the pool full. there were two people in all the lanes. But I was ready to leave when most of the people showed up. Afterwards I was tired and hungry, so after getting dressed went to On The Border for their lunch special and then came home and did laundry. No fun. Even got some ironing done.


Tuesday I met Colleen at hongik university. That is where the b-boy performance was. The stores in that area looked interesting, so we decided to go check them out. I was running late, but the stores open even later than we thought. We had lunch at Subway and then went to Starbucks after we walked the area. Had a nice time at one of the stationary shops. Colleen even got some shoes. I have too big of feet to wear any we saw. On the way home we saw a bar. A picture of it is below. The name shows you that the Koreans definitely don't understand some of the translations.











No comments: