Saturday, August 2, 2008

Mike's birthday

Thursday morning Colleen and I went to Sinsa and walked around. Then went to express bus terminal where I got my book for the book club meeting in Sept, a korean/english dictionary, and a book for enjoyment.


Colleen and Time were meeting us for dinner. We went to On The Border. They gave us free guacamole and sang to Mike. They didn't understand when he said he was 29. Thought they misunderstood him. I said he has been saying that for 28 years, but that went over their heads. The Ranta's treated us to dinner, which we enjoyed. Thank you both soooo much.


We went back to our apartment for dessert. The hotel gave us a green tea cake. I didn't even try it. But I had stopped at Hyundai department store and picked up 4 slices of different cakes. We tried them. They were good.

Friday I swam for an hour. Then came home and did some ironing and cleaning. When Mike got home we went to happy hour and played pool. The hotel had fried bananas, spicy chicken wings, pizza, and french fries for snacks. I won the 9 ball pool game. I won three games by hitting in the nine ball. It was mostly luck I have to admit.

Saturday I went to the hotel's Korean class. They had a new teacher, I didn't like her as much as the old one. Will have to get use to her. But she will only be teaching for 4 classes. How she writes the korean in english alphabet is different than the other teacher. It makes it harder to learn korean when it is shown in english alphabet different ways. But maybe I will pick up some more. Afterwards Mike and I went to the TechnoMart in Gangbyeon. It is like a lot of Korean marts where different vendors rent out the spaces in a department store setting. They didn't have anything we really wanted, but was interesting to see it.

We ate at Chosun deli for lunch and I cooked supper here. I do cook some.

That is all for this week. Tomorrow I will try to do some more knitting and read the book club book Eat, Pray, Love. I am a beginner knitter trying to make and afghan with specialty yarns, will see how I do. So far I have done more ripping out than knitting. Time will tell if it will turn out.

That's all for now.

No comments: