Friday, August 8, 2008

Aug 3 - Aug 9





Slow week.



Monday went shopping with the hotel. Stopped at the flower mart on the way. Purchased some cut flowers and an orchid. Not the greatest at flower arranging, but makes the room feel a little homier. Also went to costco and got Mike a classic Ipod for his birthday. Now he can listen to music on the subway ride to and from work. It holds 80 G which I don't think he can fill, but we will see. Decided he didn't need the 160G. I also went swimming in the morning before shopping so did some exercise.








Tuesday Colleen and I went to Ipark. It is an electronic mart. Colleen had previously purchased a cover for her ipod touch that I liked, so we went to that vendor and I bought a cover for my touch and Mike's classic. We went to Itaewon to eat lunch. As we were leaving the subway we noticed all the riot police, but went in the front door to Hard Rock Cafe as the police were next to the side door. Remembered that President Bush was in Korea that day. We did go to a foreign market and bought frozen green beans. They aren't easy to find here.


Wed tried to go to the gym, but no luck. It is closed the first Wednesday of the month. I forgot, but didn't get all the way there. A fellow hotel guest told me as she was exiting the elevator that it was closed. So I just walked the coex.


Thursday I went swimming again at the gym. After rinsing off in the pool shower, found my goggles were gone. So now I have to get another pair. I was really surprised, because the Korean's rarely take things that aren't theirs. Guess some parent thought they were their childs.


Friday we went to Happy Hour at the hotel. Played several rounds of pool. With another couple played a few rounds of 9 ball. I am getting better, but have a long way to go. Afterwards we watched the opening ceremony of the Olympics. Was different seeing it and hearing it in Korean. The staff did interrupt some of it for us. Watched it Sat. and it made mor sense. Found out how the countries came in, by strokes since China has no alphabet. And why they kept showing the shoes. Didn't realize the athletes were making the prints on the fabric. It was really amazing though.


Well better get moving today so the cleaning staff can clean for me.








1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good good good......