Monday, August 18, 2008

Week of Aug 17, 2008








Sunday morning we got up early and met the Rantas at Butterfinger Pancake. Attached are a few of the menu items. The Koreans tell it like it is. It was delicious. After breakfast we all came back to Oakwood and played Sequence and watched the Olympics. We saw Phelps win his 8th medal. Then it was time for lunch. We ate at On the Border. It was good too. Then went shopping. Mike got the cords he needs for hocking the ipod up to the tv so we can watch tv shows and movies on the tv. The Rantas have rented movies and said it was good.



The menu items didn't transfer from the phone so here they are:



Morning After

Big Fat Jay's Special

The Big Fat Special



The Koreans say it like it is.





Monday was gym day and shopping. Swam in the morning and then got ready for grocery shopping. Got good snacks on the whole, but did get a few cookies at costco. Forgot my peaches in the van, and when they first called me said I got my fruit, then realized I also bought peaches. So had to call back and tell them the peaches were mine. When Mike got home we went to the gym and he hit golf balls and then treadmill. I did the treadmill and bike and a few of the machines. Then for dinner we went to Pho Hoa (a Vietnamese noodle restaurant) Afterwards I wanted a flaked ice dessert, so we went and had one at Paris Baguette. Not as good as the ones at Paris Croissant. The ones tonight had marshmallows in it.



Tuesday - my ear was bothering me, so went to the clinic at Mike's work. Found out I had an outer ear infection. The dr told me to be sure and rest, with infection I should be tired. Definitely listened to that and came home and napped til Mike got home. Of course on the way home I stopped at Paris Croissant and had a flaked ice dessert and I ate it all by myself. Mike also sent an email on favorite Korean restaurant http://kr.youtube.com/rekordronny It is really scary and not for those with quesy stomachs. Unfortunately it has backfired, his Korean coworkers that he sent the link to want to take us to the restaurant. They enjoy it and say it is really good. Since I was to take it easy, we went out to dinner at Trombola (an Italian restaurant) It was good and we enjoyed it. I even ate the mushroom soup, which was ok. I went to bed early, missing the Olympic coverage.



Wed.- I slept in and watched the Olympics. Did go shopping and found shoes for our weekend rafting trip. I had left my water shoes at home and we need them for rafting. Thought I would have to by men's shoes, but they had crocs in big sizes - went up to size 10 for women. So I am set for rafting. We ate at Oakwood's new refurbished restaurant. It was good, but the mushroom soup wasn't as good as Trombola.



Thurs. - Liza, Colleen, and Ina came to Oakwood to eat lunch. We went to On the Border. Had a good lunch and visit. Caught up on what has been happening with everyone. Afterwards we went to Starbucks for coffee. I had water. Cooking dinner tonight. We will have pork ribs and veggies. Mike went to exercise while I cooked dinner.

Friday - We went out to dinner and I had a lazy day of resting.

Sat. - We got up early to go rafting. Made it in time for the bus and left to the Handang river. It was lots of fun, but the itinerary was changed. Since it rained Friday, the river was up and no bungee jumping and we went to a few sites since rafting was postponed and instead of a two - three hour trip we had an hour trip. The river was about 2 meters higher than normal. After our trip we went to dinner with the Rantas at Tony Romas. Inhaled our food and had a good time.

Sun. - Rested after the trip and was lazy all day. I did get some laundry done. It was also Bryan's bd, so I emailed him a bd wish. Hope he had a good one.

Monday I went to lunch and met Debra at Chosun Deli. She had already eaten, but I sat with her and we visited while I ate. Mike got home and we went to the gym. After our workout I cooked dineer. We had leftovers of the pork and had bbq pork sandwiches.

No comments: