Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Back home Sept 24

Sat. Trish and I went shopping in Birmingham. We mainly just window shopped, did get a few things. Ate at the Tavern, it was good and we could watch the Alabama game on their tv. So was fun. Spent all day and when we got home Trish went over to a friends to visit.



Sun. I hung curtains and pictures while Trish studied.



Monday I finished up the rest of the chores and talked to the men about mowing Trish's backyard. Not sure they really want to do it, but got two quotes one for $30 and another for $35. Her yard is tiny and I get my yard in TX done with flower beds weeded for less than that. Oh well may go back to getting a mower. Took Trish and three of her friends out to dinner before I left on Tuesday to Desperados Steakhouse. It was good steak and the girls really liked the mashed potatoes. Was a fun evening.



Tues. I drove to New Orleans. Before I left I got a call from Ruth and she told me Sue Beigler had died. She suffered from ALS. She will be missed. Bryan, Marj and I went out to dinner at Pascal's Manale. Didn't get the bbq shrimp which they are known for, but what we had was good. Really liked my asparagus/shrimp soup. They thought it was good too.


Wed. I returned the rental car after jumping the blue taurus. It is old and doesn't like sitting in the garage. Then did some errands.

Thurs. cleaned and straightened things up. Had dinner with Pat Baker and Debra Gallemore. We caught up on what was going on with every one's family. They are doing fine and Debra in a grandmother again. Debra still doesn't have electricity. Hopefully she will get it soon.

Friday had lunch with Pat Dickerson. Also called a roof person to put a chimney cover on our chimney. He will do it on Monday of next week. Yeah!!!

The weekend was quiet. I fed Ruby (neighbors dog) while they went on a NASCAR driving weekend. They told me it was a lot of fun. Hung the plates back in the kitchen and other pictures that were sitting in my room. Hadn't rehung them since I had the house painted this past spring. Went to church and visited with friends there.

Monday I went to my old bible study. Was great seeing everyone again. Afterwards we went to lunch. Enjoyed catching up with everyone. Afterwards I mailed packaged, deposited checks, and got my hair cut. It is really short now. Figured I needed it short for the middle east. Talked with Mike he has a five day weekend. He will try to keep busy. He is adjusting well to the middle east. He is still in the hotel and probably will be there until I arrive. Then we will settle into our accommodations. Looks like we will be in the company complex. Let you know what it is like when I find out.

No comments: