Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Home for a visit after Ike Sept 15

Sad to leave Jay and Ruth's had a great visit. Arrived home Monday, but it was dark so couldn't see much damage. No trouble getting a rental car, they were all stored at the airport I think. Had lots of choices. There was an accident on the beltway so it took me over an hour to drive home, but that was ok, I was home.



Tues. went through most of the mail in the morning. Had a letter from the deed restriction office - needed to trim the bushes. Since my neighbor Patti raked my front yard, I didn't have much hurricane damage to fix, so trimmed the bushes and thinned out the lariope(sp?). Carrie next door invited me for breakfast. It was delicious - pancakes, bacon, and sausage. Then I came home and got together the things Trish wanted. Will leave tomorrow and visit with her for the weekend.

Wed left for Tuscaloosa. I went to New Orleans and had dinner with Bryan and Marjorie his girlfriend. It was late, so spent the night with him. We ate at Upperline - it was nice. In the morning I stayed around and we went lunch with Bryan. We ate at Crabby Jacks - they have huge po-boys - I only ate half of mine so Bryan has another leftover for lunch tomorrow.
Got to Tuscaloosa on Thursday in time for dinner. Trish and I went out to eat. She told me all the things she would like done while I am here and I will see what I get to.

Fri - I tried weedeating the backyard. The weedeater I brought from home didn't work. So looked into buying a new one. Met a yard man in Home Depot - he explained the different items to us and said why didn't we hire someone. Told us to look in the phone book. But after talking some more he will come out and give us an estimate on the cost to mow her backyard. Trish is keeping busy with law school, so doubt she would keep up with the lawn mowing anyway. We will see what he quotes. We went to the movies and saw The Women. We enjoyed it, Trish says she may get the movie when it comes out. Not sure I liked it that much.

Heard from Mike - went driving around exploring - he put his feet in the Indian Ocean. Said he will try to check out the housing in Ruwais - saw the camp for single people, but not the married housing. Guess I will find everything out when I get there.

No comments: