Friday, October 2, 2009

Oct. 1, 2009

I lost my mp3 player on Sat. It was a sad day. We went to Abu Dhabi and on the way home stopped to get gas and at the local grocery store. Then went to the camp to eat dinner and get on the internet. After unpacking when we got home found out no mp3 player. Checked the car, Mike went back to the camp. No mp3 player. I had a hard time sleeping, since I was so upset.

Next day, Sun was a work day for Mike. He left me the phone since it was the day for origami. I did the hand laundry in the morning and had lunch. I then decided to wait in lobby for my ride. I noticed a sign said lost sans disk with grey covering. Contact 3303. So I decided to put below my lost item and wrote lost sansa mp3 player in gray case with ear phones, Contact 3004. Origami class was nice. I made card with an oriental man in hat carrying a lantern. It was nice seeing other women and talking to them in English. Two of us were new and never done this before, so we sat across from each other. 3 were Finish, 2 Dutch and 1 form Ireland. Got home and cleaned house. Sweeping the floor is a daily necessity. Mike came home and we went to camp for dinner and internet use. After coming back – Mike went back to camp to drop off dirty laundry. While he was gone the door bell rang, it was the man from 3303 who wrote the lost notice. He had found my mp3 player and that was the notice he wrote. He returned it to me and wouldn’t take a reward. I was so happy. Mike said I was lucky. He also was glad; he had stopped at the bank to get cash and told me to take 50 dirham’s. I thought I only took 50, but mistook a 200 for a 20. While I was looking through my wallet for a reward noticed the mistake, so left him the 200 on the counter. He was glad; he didn’t want to tell me he lost 200 dirham. So it was a good day.

Mon, I swept the floor and went through some of the papers Mike had laying around. Have a little bit more to go through. Then put away the dry hand wash and did dishes. I went for a walk before Mike got home. It wasn’t too hot in the shade. We went to the golf course to practice hitting golf balls and then threw darts for 15 min. practice. I will never be a great dart player, but am consistently hitting the board now. Then we ate at the camp and got on the internet. After getting home we went and played a little tennis. It was still hot and I play in pants and decided after about 30 min I had enough. Went back to the apt. and watched an episode of Burn Notice on my computer.

Tues, I have done nothing. Did sweep floor and read some of my book. But otherwise it has been an unproductive day. Will probably get out my knitting and do a few rows, but without the couch there really isn’t a real comfortable place to work. Tonight is dart night at the golf club. So we will have dinner there and then play two rounds of darts. Hopefully we will be done by 11 pm. Mike has Thurs off so I am deciding what I need to purchase in either Dubai or Abu Dhabi. We will go to the stores and do some shopping. I will probably get some items for origami. It is a weekly event and I have none of the tools here. Have several of the items at home, but that won’t help me. Well I was a team leader this week. We lost are first game but won the next too. They were all really close. Just who would hit the last target first? We didn’t get home until after 11pm. I was asked to go to Rummique (sp?) tomorrow. I will be picked up around 1 pm. So have tomorrow morning free. Then was told on Thursday after 9pm it will be ladies night at the Danat. We are planning on going to Abu Dhabi Thursday, but should be back by 9 so will try to make it. Most of the ladies I know won’t be there, so I will see if I can find them.

Wed, I took pictures of apartment, so my mom can see where I live. So if you are on facebook you can see them to or just ignore them. I have asked my brother to help my mom view them, since she isn’t very computer savvy.

Thurs, Mike was off so a run into Abu Dhabi. It was a nice trip. We saw Lars and Annika there. Found a rug for the apartment we will think about and then go back and get if I still want it. I decided to try to see how things will transport in the car, so purchased some fresh chicken, frozen pizza and frozen ground beef. Couldn’t find ground beef fresh, and the only type frozen was minced, so we will see what it is like when I start cooking. So far the only meals I have cooked are breakfast – toast and lunch – just for me. It was ladies night at the Lattitude - the bar in the Danat. I went around 9:30 it started at 9. Told Mike to pick me up in an hour. Had a coke and talked to a few ladies, but the band was so loud it was hard to talk. It ends at 11pm, but I left around 10:30 when Mike got there. He was going to play golf Friday and I didn't want it to be a late night.
Around 2 am the alarm sounded in our apartment complex. Mike wouldn’t get up and check. Said only get worried if you smell smoke and we are on bottom floor so could get out. I of course am a worrier and stayed up. It finally went off after about 15 – 20 min. No fire trucks came and they are stationed across the pond from our apartment. I didn’t hear anything about the alarm from anyone in the morning. I was going to go for a walk in the morning while Mike left to play golf, but since I was up until 5 in the morning decided to sleep in.

Friday, Mike came home from golf and I hadn’t gotten dressed yet, so we got ready and went to the camp. Had lunch and I am now on the internet. It only took me about 3 hours to get my photos uploaded on facebook. But at least they are there now. I have been here over 2 weeks now. Seems unbelievable.

No comments: