Wednesday, October 7, 2009


Yesterday (Sunday) I did the dishes. I only used one small squirt of dish liquid. Got the dishes cleaned, but the soap bubbles still came up the drain pipe. Stopped the drain for a little while and then ran water as I finished draining the sink. That worked, no more suds coming up the drain. I then went to aerobic class. I walked there and arrived a little late, but missed the warm up walking part. Since I walked to class figured I didn’t miss anything. I got a ride home after class.
Ate lunch, warmed up left over pizza. Then started the hand laundry, you can’t do it all at once, you run out of cool water. So I have gotten half of the items cleaned, the rest will be done tomorrow.
I got picked up by Tarja. She was waiting for me at the side and I was waiting in the front. I looked out a few times, but missed her. She got out of her car and found me. I will remember to wait outside next time. We went to origami class. Enjoyed making the wreath, next time I will make a star shape. Jeamy told me to take some of the tea bags home, so I can make another design. I did, so I can make some more cards. Tarja told me that tomorrow is ladies meeting and before the meeting they go bowling. In the evening is golf. So tomorrow may be a busy day too.
After class I decided to cook dinner. Started the chicken and was beginning to get the pasta ready, when the internet people came by to connect our apartment. I stopped my prep work and let them work. I am so excited I now have internet in the apartment. Yeah!!!! They finished about 5 min. before Mike got home. So we just had chicken, coleslaw, and canned fruit for dinner. It was the first dinner I cooked in Ruwais. No great meal, but not bad. I got on the internet after dinner and Mike went to camp. After Mike got back home we decided to see if sling box worked. It was downloading something, so decided to go for walk. We went to the tennis court area and walked, then got home and watched on iTunes Burn Notice. There was nothing on the sling box. Need to start recording things, so we can watch during our evening.

Monday – I walked to the rec club and went bowling. I did really well for me. For practice, I got a spare and a strike, but then it was downhill. My first game I got 114 and second game just 69. My excuse is my arm was getting tired. After we finished bowling we went to an area in rec club and had our meeting. They are planning a party in Dec for spouses too. But we will be out of town then, I will be in the states. Afterwards, several (8) ladies went to lunch. It wasn’t bad, but some of the food was very hot. I walked home afterwards and will see about finishing the hand washing. I went golfing in the evening with Tarja, Jeamy, Annika, and Angele. It was ok. They invited me to play golf the next morning, so I will try. Angele and I said that we would play by ourselves, so that we wouldn’t hold them up. That evening Mike and I ate at the camp. Food so so.

Tuesday – I got up early. Why did I say I would play golf at 8 am? Angele and I played several balls from where we landed, but it was so hot by the time we stopped we were drenched. We went inside the club house and had coffee and water. After cooling down we played pool. Of course, the team I was on, Tarja and I, lost both games. Annika won both the golf game and pool – she was the big winner. When Mike got home we went to the store and picked out curtains for the apartment. Of course we only had 6 choices, and 1 didn’t have enough to make curtains. The one we picked only had enough to do 1 curtain, so the blue will be in the living room – hope it goes with our blue couch. The maroon will go in the bedroom. It should make the bedroom dark at night, so maybe will be easier to sleep. They will deliver Oct 8 – the same day as the furniture. It will feel like Christmas. We went to darts, had dinner there. I choose spaghetti with meat sauce and Mike had the pepper steak sandwich. The spaghetti was not made with tomato sauce, but wasn’t bad. But Mike let me switch meals with him. The pepper steak wasn’t too peppery and it was delicious and filling. We played 3 games of darts and my team won. It was a shock. Angele was team captain and didn’t feel up to the task, but she did a great job. The team captain has to throw one dart at the board and the person closest to bull’s eye starts. Since our team won we all got a free drink. I was told you had to have a drink, so I ordered a Heineken and took one sip and gave it to Mike. I drove home since he had had a glass of wine with dinner.

Wed I got up and went to exercise. It was a struggle, since I didn’t sleep well last night. But feel better now that I have exercised. It is off to get showered and dressed. I decided to do laundry and was doing internet search. While I was deciding what to have for lunch the doorbell rang. I forgot it was Rummikub afternoon. Annika was are you ready; I told her I was sorry I forgot, she was worried I was hurt. Since I don’t have a phone they called Mike to find out apt number. (Mike asked me when he got home if I did this on purpose so he would see the need for me to have a phone.) Left the laundry in sink and went to Jeamy’s house. I should have stayed home. I was the biggest loser, which isn’t bad in itself, but most of the time I barely got to lay down anything. Angele took me home, but stopped at the grocery store first. She wanted to get fish and it is fresh fish day. I decided to get a small bottle of milk and more tuna fish (canned). Tomorrow it will be tuna for lunch. When I got home I finished the laundry and started dinner. Wasn’t sure how cooking penne pasta in microwave would work out, but it wasn’t bad. Mike came home and said curtains were ready and they were coming at 5:30 to hang. The man came around 6 pm while I was cooking dinner. He was talking under his breath most of the time. Don’t think it was because he was happy. The drill bit broke and he had to go get another one. He got the brackets up, dropped the drill from the ladder and when he went to put up the rod found out the rope was not strung on rod. So he left the brackets and started on the curtains in the bedroom. He hung them up and then had to leave to get new rod for living room. Dinner was done, but Mike felt we needed to wait to eat until he left. The curtains in bedroom looked good and it seems like they will block out the light better than Mike’s garbage bags. They might have done a better job if they were of higher quality. The worker came back and put up the new rod and hung the curtains. They drag the floor, Mike felt they were ok. After the man left he said I would have no trouble tacking them up to the correct length. Guess he feels I don’t have enough to keep me busy. We ate dinner and then watched 2 episodes of Burn Notice. Found out when it is on at home and scheduled the sling box to record it. That is about all that happened today.

No comments: